1. Name the Hindu belief that life’s fortunes are dictated by good or evil deeds in former lives.
a. Dogma b. Karma c. Ganesha d. Dehli
2. Many states in the U.S. have names derived from Native American names. Which of the following states is NOT derived from a Native American word?
a. Connecticut b. Illinois c. California d. Tennessee
3. In which country it is a custom to have a large celebration for a young girl when she turns fifteen.
a. Germany b. China c. South Africa d. Mexico
4. About how many languages are spoken worldwide?
a. 500 b. 1,000 c. 6,000 d. 11,000
5. Which of the following was NOT invented by an African American?
a. Gas Mask b. Pacemaker Control Unit c. Peanut Butter d. Laser
6. When a Chinese friend says: "Have you eaten yet?" (“Ni chi le ma”) to you, what does she mean?
a. Inviting you to have dinner
b. Greeting you
c. Asking if you are hungry
7. After China, India and the United States, what is the most populated country in the world?
a. Indonesia b. Brazil c. Russia d. Pakistan
8. After the United States, what country has the most Filipinos outside The Philippines?
a. Malaysia b. Canada c. Spain d. Saudi Arabia
9. What is the most important Jewish holiday?
a. Hanukkah b. Yom Kipper c. Rosh Hashanah d. Passover
10. What is your favorite multicultural school in West Contra Costa Unified School District?
a. Ellerhorst b. Collins c. Shannon d. Stewart!!!
ANSWERS: 1b, 2c, 3d, 4c, 5d, 6b, 7a, 8d, 9b, 10d